I am a first-year Ph.D. student (2018-) at the Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University supervised by Kris Kitani. I received my Masters (2016-17) at the Robotics Institute as well, where I am working with Yaser Sheikh and Kris Kitani. Before starting my Ph.D. program at CMU, I worked at Oculus Research Pittsburgh (Facebook Reality Lab) as a research engineer. I spent a wonderful summer (2016) working with Alan Yuille at the Johns Hopkins University as a summer intern. When I was an undergradute, I've studied in School of Computer Science, University College Dublin as an exchange student in Ireland. My Bachelor's degree is received from the School of Electronic Information at Wuhan University in China.
See here for my resume.
Computer vision and machine learning: understanding humans from images and video, machine learning for vision, image motion and tracking, 3D vision, and the intersection of reinforcement learning and vision.
Aug. 2018 -- Joined CMU Robotics Institute as a Ph.D. student.
Feb. 2018 -- Joined Oculus Research Pittsburgh as a research engineer.
Jan. 2018 -- One paper accepted to CVPR 2018!
Oct. 2017 -- One paper accepted to WACV 2018!
May. 2017 -- Joined Facebook as a research intern.
Aug. 2016 -- Started the master program in computer vision (MSCV) In Robotics Institute at CMU.
Jun. 2016 -- Joined Alan Yuille's group as a summer intern.
GroundNet: Segmentation-Aware Monocular Ground Plane Estimation with Geometric Consistency
Yunze Man, Xinshuo Weng, Kris Kitani
arXiv preprint 2018
Supervision-by-Registration: An Unsupervised Approach to Improve the Precision of Facial Landmark Detectors
Xuanyi Dong, Shoou-I Yu, Xinshuo Weng, Shi-en Wei, Yi Yang, Yaser Sheikh
IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2018
Rotational Rectification Network: Enabling Pedestrian Detection for Mobile Vision
Xinshuo Weng, Shangxuan Wu, Fares Beainy, Kris Kitani
IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), 2018
Visual Compiler: Synthesizing a Scene-Specific Pedestrian Detector and Pose Estimator
Namhoon Lee, Xinshuo Weng, Vishnu Naresh Boddeti, Yu Zhang, Fares Beainy, Kris Kitani, Takeo Kanade
ArXiv preprint arXiv:1612.05234
Learning Coherency for Human Segmentation with Skeleton
Xinshuo Weng, Shangxuan Wu, Donghyun Yoo, Kris Kitani
Unsupervised Learning of Object Semantic Parts from Internal States of CNNs by Population Encoding
Xinshuo Weng*, Yingda Xia*, Fanchao Qi*, Alan Yuille
Bayesian Sparse Regression for Photometric Stereo Reconstruction
Xinshuo Weng, Lei Yu
1. Y. Man, X. Weng, K. Kitani, "GroundNet: Segmentation-Aware Monocular Ground Plane Estimation with Geometric Consistency", ArXiv preprint arXiv:1811.07222.
1. X. Dong, S. Yu, X. Weng, S. Wei, Y. Yang, Y. Sheikh, "Supervision-by-Registration: An Unsupervised Approach to Improve the Precision of Facial Landmark Detectors", Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2018.
2. X. Weng, S. Wu, F. Beainy, K. Kitani, "Rotational Rectification Network: Enabling Pedestrian Detection for Mobile Vision", IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), 2018
3. N. Lee, X. Weng, V. Boddeti, Y. Zhang, F. Beainy, K. Kitani, T. Kanade, "Visual Compiler: Synthesizing a Pedestrian Pose Estimator from a Single Image", ArXiv preprint arXiv:1612.05234.
Geometry-Based Methods in Computer Vision (16-822), CMU
Teaching Assistant (TA) with Martial Hebert
1. Xinshuo's Toolbox: A self-contained structured toolbox for computer vision and machine learning (deep learning). It's written in python, matlab, c++ and lua, containing extensive libraries for I/O stream, image & video processing, visualization for convenience.
2. CNN Monitor: A very lightweight deep learning tool for monitoring data flow, parameter size and their corresponding memory usage throughout CNN. This tool doesn't need any powerful computational resource (eg. GPU). And it's very easy to use since it follows many similar rules in popular deep learning frameworks (Caffe, Tensorflow, Torch)
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Graduate Award, Wuhan University, 2016.
- Wuhan University Scholarship (4%), 2013, 2015, 2016.
- CSC (China Scholarship Council) Scholarship (1%), 2015.
- Yang Gui Scholarship (4%), Wuhan University, 2015.
- Undergraduate Research Fellowship, Wuhan University, 2014, 2015.
- China National Scholarship (1%), 2014.
- Conference Reviewer: CVPR, ACCV, ICCV.
- Journal Reviewer: TCSVT.
unique visitors since 06/20/2017